Wednesday, October 31, 2007

How i do it

For those who have concern about washing their cloth diapers, whether it be 3 or 4 pieces..more or less...

When I first started Cloth diapering Avi, I started out with 1 dozen of flat nappies which i sewn into prefolds, some diaper covers I purchased locally and online e-store, and just 5 pieces of pocket diaper with 6-8 microfiber inserts. For the first 2-4 months, I washed all my CD's together with Avi's clothing ( no harm in that). I washed every morning cos she'll soil her diaper almost all the time ( breastfed ), I've been using 1 particular detergent and up till now, I'm still fine with it.

As she grows into month 4, I've gained more knowledge about CD's and so I started purchasing different types of CD from local and int'l online store to test their functions and whether it suits our lifestyle in M'sia.

Basically, now that Avi has around 30 pieces of CD, 2 large wetbags to store her used CD, 1 travelling wetbag. It is more convenient that she has more cos now I can do the laundry and water usage will be lesser. I wash every 2 nights and separate it with her clothings. It is more economical that way. So, if anyone out there is still figuring out how to wash cloth diaper...it's best that you build up your stash slowly and in the long run ( mine was short of course) it actually saves money / water / detergent & time ( no more foldings to do). Plus, you are doing great for our environment too!!

2 comments:

Peridot&Sapphire said...

hey.... u never mention you got a second blog! a nice one! another hang out place for CD mama!

BTAM said...

yes...sharine...it's biz blog